WITHOUT A NAME
In the triumph of flesh,
when fame of the world was your thing,
a sequence of defeats piled up
and time became stronger than the symbols.
Was it not easier
to abandon the consciousness?
Living a dog’s life was more comfortable
without a qualm.
How painful it was to know the reality unclothed!
You had achieved nothing in life
and were readying up now
to receive thoughts of death.
Time had no beginning
and time had no end.
Do you think all will be well at last?
Will we be happy without you?
Or you will be remembered as a hero
without a name!
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WITHOUT A NAME by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- TANYA ROSENBILT FUCKS ISRAELI, alexander opicho
- Secret, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Inspirations, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Pity, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Witch, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Measures Of Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Yellowhammer, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Sonnet: God Always Wins, Dr John Celes
- Memory, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Three faulty jobs done by the people who.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan