WITHOUT A NAME
In the triumph of flesh,
when fame of the world was your thing,
a sequence of defeats piled up
and time became stronger than the symbols.
Was it not easier
to abandon the consciousness?
Living a dog’s life was more comfortable
without a qualm.
How painful it was to know the reality unclothed!
You had achieved nothing in life
and were readying up now
to receive thoughts of death.
Time had no beginning
and time had no end.
Do you think all will be well at last?
Will we be happy without you?
Or you will be remembered as a hero
without a name!
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WITHOUT A NAME by Satish Verma )
- Election Ballad at close of Contest for .., Robert Burns
- A Grace after Meat, Robert Burns
- Silence, Ahmed Tawfik
- The Fall of the Leaf, Robert Burns
- The Brigs of Ayr, Robert Burns
- Young Man Birdwatching, Justin Reamer
- The Divine Feminine? Second Coming, Mr. Nobody
- Bad blood, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tippling Ballad—When Princes and Prela.., Robert Burns
- Do Only What You Love, Always..., Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)