Kenneth R. Jenkins
I open my mouth-
And the words are there
But all of a sudden nothing comes out
And those few words that's shared
Still flows on nodoubt.
I write the words down-
And there's no meaning or rhyme
Or poetic measures to skip a beat
And something to make tap my feet.
I write down my thoughts-
But it's just not the same
With those fashioned together so
Making me screen and shout your name
To make the whole world surely know.
Somebody give back my groove!
Somebody give me back my groove
Somebody give me back my groove!
Kenneth R. Jenkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Words by Kenneth R. Jenkins )
- Raymond J Wright
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(21 May 1688 – 30 May 1744)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost