Writing This Whole Time
As time goes on… I sit back and watch the world around me move slowly,
Here I am observing my surroundings; occasionally texting a few people that know me.
It’s late in the day and things seem as ordinary as ever,
So here I am sitting down… trying to figure out if I can come up with something clever.
I’m doing a little brain storming and I think I came up with an idea that just popped up as a creative thought,
Now maybe it’ll work… maybe it won’t; but I’m giving it a shot.
I’m putting my mind into it the best way I can,
The next thing to do is to put some action into it; because I already have a plan.
Now I wonder what kind of feedback I will get; but I’m not going to worry,
I’m just going to write it down before I forget… so I guess I should hurry.
I want to start writing because I have a lot going on in my mind,
But once I looked at the page in front of me… I was surprised because I was writing this whole time.
Alex Perez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Writing This Whole Time by Alex Perez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz