Writing This Whole Time
As time goes on… I sit back and watch the world around me move slowly,
Here I am observing my surroundings; occasionally texting a few people that know me.
It’s late in the day and things seem as ordinary as ever,
So here I am sitting down… trying to figure out if I can come up with something clever.
I’m doing a little brain storming and I think I came up with an idea that just popped up as a creative thought,
Now maybe it’ll work… maybe it won’t; but I’m giving it a shot.
I’m putting my mind into it the best way I can,
The next thing to do is to put some action into it; because I already have a plan.
Now I wonder what kind of feedback I will get; but I’m not going to worry,
I’m just going to write it down before I forget… so I guess I should hurry.
I want to start writing because I have a lot going on in my mind,
But once I looked at the page in front of me… I was surprised because I was writing this whole time.
Alex Perez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Writing This Whole Time by Alex Perez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- your heart is a knapsack i want to pack, Mandolyn ...
- how ridiculous is this..., Mandolyn ...
- Be careful child before you fall, Mark Heathcote
- have it your way homeboy, Mandolyn ...
- Advance New Year 2015 Wishes (in a pessi.., Dr John Celes
- B. Day, Nassy Fesharaki
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR