Writing This Whole Time
As time goes on… I sit back and watch the world around me move slowly,
Here I am observing my surroundings; occasionally texting a few people that know me.
It’s late in the day and things seem as ordinary as ever,
So here I am sitting down… trying to figure out if I can come up with something clever.
I’m doing a little brain storming and I think I came up with an idea that just popped up as a creative thought,
Now maybe it’ll work… maybe it won’t; but I’m giving it a shot.
I’m putting my mind into it the best way I can,
The next thing to do is to put some action into it; because I already have a plan.
Now I wonder what kind of feedback I will get; but I’m not going to worry,
I’m just going to write it down before I forget… so I guess I should hurry.
I want to start writing because I have a lot going on in my mind,
But once I looked at the page in front of me… I was surprised because I was writing this whole time.
Alex Perez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Writing This Whole Time by Alex Perez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols