Yes! Discord's Hand To The Last It Was
Yes! discord's hand to the last it was
In every field of our story,
Which did our country's fortunes cross,
And tear down all her glory--
And this we saw, and this we felt,
Yet still the warning slighted,
Till a clinging curse was to us dealt--
The curse of the disunited!
But, warn'd at last, in our strength we stand
Crying out, with one deep chorus,
For requital to this outraged land--
Land of our love, that bore us!
Millions shout, as a single man--
``Now, now, thou shalt be righted,
For now thy sons thy future span,
Because they are United!''
Ay! by the fate we shall weave for her,
To atone for the fate we wove her!
By those, her name who hate and slur--
By ourselves, who deeply love her!
By manhood's worth! by the sacred flame
On her hearths and her altars lighted--
By her present shame--by her ancient fame--
We are--we are United!
John Banim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yes! Discord's Hand To The Last It Was by John Banim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- My mother is still living with me, gajanan mishra
- Schooldays, michael walker
- There's no prescription to your doom, Mark Heathcote
- समनि नायथाय- 03, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stretched To Depths, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mutilated Is A Liberation, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Days Until Hell., Always Dream
- βέƦẙḽ Dṏṽ's Jumpstarting Creativity: Les.., Beryl Dov
- समनि नायथाय- 02, Ronjoy Brahma
- HUSTLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov