You Are My Heart
Sometimes I want to enter the carnage.
where flames flow freely burning our souls,
the circus is going on. a clown failed to make
us laugh instead the tears rolled down the
cheeks, of a heart broken, of a drama enacted
with sound and fury without climacteric affair.
Spectators clapped and shrieked, they had
taste of blood, elusive sunlight made it a fun
So I butted in the tent- in the orgy of the riotous
fun, facing the life glittering with destiny, should I
end drama with only two acts? Did I fear the unborn?
The life unfolds- a lone man on the bank of a river,
A still-born baby, milk gushes forth from virgin mom.
Indeed, matter is to be released from the bounds of
matter, liberated with a bang the thousand suns of
love and wisdom. You are one, you are the one,
this blue big marble in your hand, draw the curtain
feed the baby with passion and dream, she will be alive.
Aloke Mukherjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Are My Heart by Aloke Mukherjee )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.