YOU, LIFE & MISTAKES
You will grow but only you will know for how long.
Friends will come but many will go.
Family will stay but some will leave you too.
Relationships will be built but many will hurt you.
Success will show but not always before or after you fail first.
You will gain it all but you will lose it all too.
Love will come but will betray you because you won't know any better first time around.
Mistakes will take place and you will be wiping tears off your face.
The bathroom will be the safest place you can be yourself. As you look at the mirror and go through many thoughts.
You will fall and feel alone in the dark.
Influential things will take its course but ultimately its up to you to be the victim or the one who avoids it all.
Fights will come but not all punches must land on your face.
The beauty of fights you don't always have to run but stand tall and walk away.
There will be tests brought to your attention but you don't always have to pass them.
Learn from mistakes and don't recreate them.
You start your education after graduation. Never let anyone tell you any different.
Teachers will teach but you will only remember the educators. Listen to them.
Secrets will be shared but you don't always have to pass it along or hear them.
Sometimes things are better said and also not said at all.
I know you will get confused and not everything must make sense to you.
Not all you will go through must have an answer.
Understanding is key but you create the lock to the door you are trying to open to life.
You will try and fail. You will try and fail.
You will try until you realize that trying is better than failing.
Life is precious don't end it right away.
Speak to someone.
Listen to what others before your time have to say.
Stress will occur.
Solutions will come.
Conflicts will surface.
Circumstances will dominate.
Take a step back.
Breathe and rejuvenate.
Live life not like is your last day but like you just started life today.
Felix Lugo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (YOU, LIFE & MISTAKES by Felix Lugo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- nine times i tried to pinch your wink, Mandolyn ...
- आओ के सूरज को कैद करे, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- शब्दों से अब बात न बनती, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Motherhouse, Leslie Philibert
- Self Reflecting, Marissa Wheeler
- तु ही तु अज़िज है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मै ही तो हूँ, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- वो मन की राणी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Universal Art, Marissa Wheeler