You Stop To Point At The Moon In The Sky
You stop to point at the moon in the sky,
but the finger's blind unless the moon is shining.
One moon, one careless finger pointing --
are these two things or one?
The question is a pointer guiding
a novice from ignorance thick as fog.
Look deeper. The mystery calls and calls:
No moon, no finger -- nothing there at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Stop To Point At The Moon In The Sky by Taigu Ryokan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak