She is twenty and very attractive with shoulder length curly brown hair
And she is so happy go lucky and of her beauty she seems unaware
The young blokes to her are attracted but she doesn't have a man in her life
And not in her plans for the future the lot of the mother and wife.
Young Annie is an animal lover and for animal welfare she fights
And she will tell you not unlike humans that animals too should have rights
She hates all of the so called sports people who shoot at things that run or fly
And she vows that she will oppose them right up till the day that she die.
She opposes those who export live sheep and cattle to be slaughtered in lands over seas
Many of them die in the warm tropics of heat stress in soaring degrees
And she opposes the law who upholds this bad practice and the red tape of bureaucracy
And she is a very brave woman and not many as brave as she.
Her fight is against the pig farmers who keep their pigs locked in small crates
And her fight is against the big fowl shed owners who on the public lock their gates
She firmly believes that all creatures are born to only range free
And in animal rights she believes in and she is anti cruelty.
Young Annie is a vegetarian and she does not eat fish or meat
And her fight is for animal welfare the creatures we kill for to eat
And though animals are still kept in cages she fights for their right to live free
And she say the cause she espouses is worthy and who am I to disagree.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Young Annie by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- નાં રાખ રંજ naa rakh ranj, hasmukh amathalal
- Jayprakash Narayan, Was Your Political M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Clouds In The Sky Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Lead me to truth, Tiku akp
- Tries To Be Silent, Rohit Sapra
- Lalua's Speeches & Lectures, Who Hears T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- WAR HORSES, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey