I sat opposite Christopher Isherwood in the Santa Monica home
where he lived with his artist-friend, Don.
Wondering aloud what good, young writers were coming along,
he mentioned Richard Brautigan.
They died within a couple of years of each other,
when Isherwood was an older writer,
Brautigan a younger writer,
and me just totally unknown.
It's no comfort to know
that in a hundred years
we'll all be equal.
Len Webster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Younger Writers by Len Webster )
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
- Intoxicating Hemlock, Md. Mujib Ullah
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)