Your mother is somebody special.
Your mother is a very special
woman in your life. When you
were a young child, she
dedicated your life to her
Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Because she really cares,
she uses her unique gifts
to share in so many ways.
She not only remembers you,
but your entire family too.
So why not tell her a few
simple words on Mother's Day,
'Mom, we really love you! '
Original version: April 9,2013
Revised version: April 27,2013
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
two separate sentences. I also separated the verses, to make it easier to read. The final revision was using the! mark instead of a period in the closing line.
Why did I write this poem since my own mother has been dead since June 4,2007? I wrote for Faith Lutheran's Church's monthly news bulletin. I am always getting positive feedback about my poems from my fellow church members. Positive and negatitive feedback is necessary to help make you a better poet.
At my former chruch- Calvary Baptist Church- Everett, Washington, I frequently received both, as well as tips in poetry composition.
I wrote one poem about Grace, for example and he said I was really writing about Faith. (I can't remember the exact conversation, so I used an example.) He backed it up with a bible verse quotation. At first my feelings were hurt, but he explained that he was only trying to help me...Thank you Thurman!
Comments about this poem (Your mother is somebody special. by Roxanne Dubarry )
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
- - Every Night I Remember You Honey-, Ali Sabry
- - I Want To Marry You Now-, Ali Sabry
- - My Lovely Princess Is My Weakness Point-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Give Me Some Of .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Write Your Name On The Mountains-, Ali Sabry
- - Love Is All I Need My Lovely Beauty La.., Ali Sabry
- - The Love Will Still To The First Lover.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow