Tho you’re many miles away,
too far for me to hear you pray,
I hear a voice within me say,
that you’re praying for me.
Tho shells burst around my feet
I know that someday the rendezvous I’ll keep.
will be with one who prays herself to sleep.
Please keep praying for me.
Thoughts mean a lot and letters mean more
to a fellow on some foreign shore.
But the thing that seems to hush the cannon roar is to know you’re praying for me.
The War isn’t over as everyone knows, and crosses continue to mark more rows.
But I’ll return to the one I chose,
‘Cause she’s praying for me.
Burt Poole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Prayers by Burt Poole )
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
- Shelling Peas on Boulders Beach [for my .., Gillian Commerford
- हार्थखिया मिनिदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- just orientation..many can be straighten.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Demented Souls (A re-submission), Valsa George
- King One - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)