Poem about sunday. You can read the best sunday poems. Browse through all sunday poems.
my grandmother had a serious gas
we only saw her on Sunday.
she'd sit down to dinner
and she'd have gas.
she was very heavy,
80 years old.
wore this large glass brooch,
that's what you noticed most
in addition to the gas.
she'd let it go just as food was being served.
she'd let it go in bursts
spaced about a minute apart.
she'd let it go
4 or 5 times
as we reached for the potatoes
poured the gravy
cut into the meat.
nobody ever said anything,
I was 6 years old.
only my grandmother spoke.
after 4 or 5 blasts
she would say in an offhand way,
'I'll bury you all!'
I didn't much like that:
then saying that.
it happened every Sunday.
she was my father's mother.
every Sunday it was death and gas
and mashed potatoes and gravy
and that big glass brooch.
those Sunday dinners would
always end with apple pie and
and a big argument
about something or other,
my grandmother finally running out the door
and taking the red train back to
the place stinking for an hour
and my father walking about
fanning a newspaper in the air and
saying, 'it's all that damned sauerkraut
she eats!' read more »
Those villages stricken with the melancholia of Sunday,
in all of whose ocher streets one dog is sleeping
those volcanoes like ashen roses, or the incurable sore read more »
3.In Broad Darkness
tonight, a torch song is burning,
on the levee in Gramercy,
a bonfire, a distant always,
as hot as nineteen eighty-three. read more »
I sit at home
at my desk alone
as I used to do
on many sunday afternoons read more »
Harry loves Myrtle--He has strong arms, from the warehouse,
And on Sunday when they take the bus to emerald meadows he doesn't say:
"What will your chastity amount to when your flesh withers in a little while?"
No, read more »
6.' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '' ' THE MAKING OF ME(for Scarlett)
19,584 days old.
So, counting... read more »
7.***One Child's Prayer
I wish my Daddy would live here
I wish he didn’t have to go away
I wish if he could only for one day
Perhaps tell me he loved me at all read more »
8.A Date with God
I’m so thrilled about my day
And I’d like to share it with you
It’s Sunday once again
I have a date with God, it’s true read more »
Goodbyes at the open front door
On a Sunday morning in Summer;
An aeroplane shines in the sun;
At home I can learn about solitude. read more »
I sang that song on Sunday,
To witch an idle while,
I sang that song on Monday,
As fittest to beguile; read more »
11.when you have forgotten Sunday: the love story
—And when you have forgotten the bright bedclothes on a Wednesday and a Saturday,
And most especially when you have forgotten Sunday—
When you have forgotten Sunday halves in bed, read more »
12.Day After Day
Or in any other day
It can be felt as Sunday
Provided you remain at home any day
But days may not be same read more »
New Sunday Poems
- When Sunday Comes, Phil Soar
- A Lazy Sunday (Dreaming Of KP), Michael P. McParland
- Coming Soon, Margaret Moran
- A Summer's Sunday Morn, David Harris
- Gloomy Sunday, Sadiqullah Khan
- Escape With Me, Paul Gerard Reed
- Cornthwaite Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- She Was Buried On A Sunday, Ray Hansell
- Beautiful Sunday, Lyn Hepple
- I Do Love Saturdays, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gerbil Sunday, Kevin Rottweiler
- Radiation Sunday, Kevin Rottweiler
- Unrest Soul: Sunday, Vinz Poetry
- Untaxed, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- 48. Happy Sunday, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- On Sunday, Olalekan Ololade Sobande
- Day After Day, hasmukh amathalal
- The Sunday Roast, penny green
- Let The Song Go On, Margaret Alice Second
- Jonathan On Sunday's, Walter C. Edwards
- Sunday Shoes, Jacqueline Czel
- On A Sunny Summer Sunday (Villanelle), Gert Strydom
- Welcome to our Sunday School., Roxanne Dubarry
- Waiting for you /Cekanje na tebe, Miroslava Odalovic
- The Church, myleen aspiras
- Hypocrisy In Christianity, Terence George Craddock (Spe ..
- Sundays Are, Emily Krauss
- Sunday Mornings, karen sinclair
- 'Lazy Sunday', Nick Bell
- A Day In The Shade., Syed Ahmed Shah
- A Brothers Sunday, dino evans
- On Sunday It Rained, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Humble Pancakes, John W. McEwers
- Sunday, siddhanth iyer
- Skittles, Janine Alyssa Navarro
- Sunday Shoes, Kenneth R. Jenkins
- Love You ' Til Sunday, Colin Coplin
- Sunday morning skies, Matthew Holloway
- Just another Sunday, Suriya ...
- Very Sunday, Ombuge M Moses
- Sunday, Lawerence Mize, Sr.
- Oh My Days Haiku, Dónall Dempsey
- Sunday Blues, dean stephenson
- Sundays, Ruthayy Carey
- 'Every Sunday's A Little Easter', Linda Winchell
- Always Another Sunday, Patti Masterman
- Sensationalism, Ratan ...
- Sunday Paper, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Sunday night, Edward Rhodes
- Visit Malaysia Year Haiku - Gaya Street .., john tiong chunghoo
- Sunday Morning, Madam Anonymous
- ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' .., Dónall Dempsey
- I Love Sunday Mornings, Ian Bowen
- gloomy sunday to the worst day of the week, gershon hepner
- gloomy sunday, gershon hepner
- Just Another Sunday, Leila Mass
- on this sunday morning, indira babbellapati
- Sunday Of Sweet Dreams, Justin Gildow
- Officially Sunday, Supriya Choudary
- Sunday Morning, Christina Smith
- Sunday, Monday, Yesterday, Palitha Ariyarathna
- ** SUNDAYS!, RAJ NANDY
- Weeks, aaliyah long
- Chocolate, Tracey Tucker
- 284, RIC S. BASTASA
- Sunday, otteri selvakumar
- Sundays, mandla zibi
- sunday sunday sunday, Shelby Burnside
- Sunday People, Gordon David
- I Do Not Know My Neighbours, Francis Duggan
- JESUS I WILL BE AROUND, Aldo Kraas
- Sunday, Ayesha iSha
- Sunday Afternoon, bob barci
- SUNDAYS, Aparna Mirajkar
- carpe diem