Swimming Poems - Poems For Swimming
Poems about swimming. You can read the best swimming poems. Browse through all swimming poems.
Fable Of The Mermaid And The Drunks - Poem by Pablo Neruda
All those men were there inside,
when she came in totally naked.
They had been drinking: they began to spit.
Newly come from the river, she knew nothing.
She was a mermaid who had lost her way.
The insults flowed down her gleaming flesh.
Obscenities drowned her golden breasts.
Not knowing tears, she did not weep tears.
Not knowing clothes, she did not have clothes.
They blackened her with burnt corks and cigarette stubs,
and rolled around laughing on the tavern floor.
She did not speak because she had no speech.
Her eyes were the colour of distant love,
her twin arms were made of white topaz.
Her lips moved, silent, in a coral light,
and suddenly she went out by that door.
Entering the river she was cleaned,
shining like a white stone in the rain,
and without looking back she swam again
swam towards emptiness, swam towards death.
Poems About Swimming
- 1. Fable Of The Mermaid And The Drunks , Pablo Neruda
- 2. The Moon , Sappho
- 3. ********my Moon-River , sarwar chowdhury
- 4. Dawn , Yosa Buson
- 5. I Am Alone In This World , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 6. River Roads , Carl Sandburg
- 7. We Fish , Herman Melville
- 8. No Man Without Money , Robert Herrick
- 9. If A Mouse Could Fly , Christina Georgina Rossetti
- 10. Three Movements , William Butler Yeats
- 11. A Certainty , John Thorkild Ellison
- 12. Summer's Coming , Sophie Shaw
- 13. Swimming , Casey Noe
- 14. Activities Day With Kim , Suzae Chevalier
- 15. Thoughts Of A Goldfish , C Richard Miles
- 16. First Step , Kranthi Pothineni
- 17. Aches Of Life , ramesh rai
- 18. A Whale In Love , David Darbyshire
- 19. Redgate Beach (A Villanelle) , Diane Hine
- 20. Water Nymph (Fantasy Poem) , Melvina Germain
- 21. Your Mind's Ocean , Allen Steble
- 22. Leaf Wave , Ahmad Shiddiqi
- 23. Fishes In A Sea Of Love , Rachel Nichols
- 24. Fishees Underwater , Daniel Lloyd Kennedy
- 25. Swimming Sport. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 26. Not Swimming But Crawling! (Don'T Laugh) , Geetha Jayakumar
- 27. Does A Fish Go Pee? , Cathe Ferguson
- 28. Being Alone In This World , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 29. The Day Rex Saved My Life , Kim Barney
- 30. Pacific Ocean , chloe young
- 31. A Mermaid's Fantasy , Rachel Nichols
- 32. Your Wears (Fun Poem 81) , David Harris
- 33. Life Is This , otteri selvakumar
- 34. She Wants To Swim , Stevie Taite
- 35. Inescapable Fate , Viola Grey
- 36. Swim My Little Children. , Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 37. That Blue Sea... , DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- 38. Alone For Ever And Ever , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 39. A Whales Tail , Tango Tango
- 40. Tears..Peace..Night Smile..Fear..Time..F.. , salma. torrez
- 41. Soothing Voice , RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 42. The Treacherous Sea , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 43. The Perfect Swim , Nikhil Parekh
- 44. O Love! Why , Bhai Vir Singh
- 45. A Song Of Dolphins - Passing Portlogan B.. , Patrick Scott Hogg
- 46. The Aquarium , Janri Gogeshvili
- 47. Swimming Against The Currents Is Unwelcome , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 48. Unknown Worlds Or Realms , MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 49. A Thousand Kisses , Aldo Kraas
- 50. The Pretty Sea And The Swimming Pool , MOHAMMAD SKATI
New Swimming Poems
- There’s No Better Place To Be, Yor Nella
- Swim My Little Children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming Sport., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jonah Wills Us To Swallow Own Calamities?, Mark Heathcote
- Swimming The Allegheny River., Harold R Hunt Sr
- To Fly, eeel lee
- Swimming Against The Currents Is Unwelcome, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Wear A Hat, W.B. Keckler
- The Pretty Sea And The Swimming Pool, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming Distilled Experiences, Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- The Sea, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Under The Mercy Of Illusions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Descent Of Alette ['The Water' 'Of T.., Alice Notley
- Fishes In A Sea Of Love, Rachel Nichols
- Living In Village, S.D. TIWARI
- Kokology 15, Hajime Midori
- carpe diem