Swimming Poems - Poems For Swimming
Poems about swimming. You can read the best swimming poems. Browse through all swimming poems.
The Days When We Went Swimming - Poem by Henry Lawson
The breezes waved the silver grass,
Waist-high along the siding,
And to the creek we ne'er could pass
Three boys on bare-back riding;
Beneath the sheoaks in the bend
The waterhole was brimming -
Do you remember yet, old friend,
The times we 'went in swimming'?
The days we 'played the wag' from school -
Joys shared - and paid for singly -
The air was hot, the water cool -
And naked boys are kingly!
With mud for soap the sun to dry -
A well planned lie to stay us,
And dust well rubbed on neck and face
Lest cleanliness betray us.
And you'll remember farmer Kutz -
Though scarcely for his bounty -
He leased a forty-acre block,
And thought he owned the county;
A farmer of the old world school,
That grew men hard and grim in,
He drew his water from the pool
That we preferred to swim in.
And do you mind when down the creek
His angry way he wended,
A green-hide cartwhip in his hand
For our young backs intended?
Three naked boys upon the sand -
Half buried and half sunning -
Three startled boys without their clothes
Across the paddocks running.
We've had some scares, but we looked blank
When, resting there and chumming,
One glanced by chance upon the bank
And saw the farmer coming!
And home inmpressions linger yet
Of cups of sorrow brimming;
I hardly think that we'll forget
The last day we went swimming.
Comments about The Days When We Went Swimming by Henry Lawson
Poems About Swimming
- 1. The Days When We Went Swimming , Henry Lawson
- 2. Two Swimmers Wrestled On The Spar , Emily Dickinson
- 3. Written After Swimming From Sestos To Ab.. , George Gordon Byron
- 4. The Nude Swim , Anne Sexton
- 5. Swimming Ool , Kenn Nesbitt
- 6. Untitled [you Mustn'T Swim Till You'Re S.. , Rudyard Kipling
- 7. The Old Swimmer , Christopher Morley
- 8. The Swimmer , Roden Berkeley Wriothesley N ..
- 9. The Channel Swimmer , Marriott Edgar
- 10. A Swimmer's Dream , Algernon Charles Swinburne
- 11. Learning To Swim , Bob Hicok
- 12. Swimming , Mao Zedong
- 13. The Swimmer , John Crowe Ransom
- 14. Bridge & Swimmer , Forrest Gander
- 15. The Old Swimmin' Hole , James Whitcomb Riley
- 16. The Swimmer , Adam Lindsay Gordon
- 17. With Emma At The Ladies-Only Swimming Po.. , Linda Gregerson
- 18. On Th' Channel Swim , William Baron
- 19. The Swimmers , George Sterling
- 20. I Wonder What It Feels Like To Be Drowned? , Robert Graves
New Swimming Poems
- Seaside Maybe Or Beyond 1958, Terry Collett
- Australia - The Australian Twelve Days O.., Paul Warren
- True Realization, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Swimming, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sightings, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Went Swimming, Vera Sidhwa
- The Devil Birds., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- As A Pretty Reminder Anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love In The River, Eva Tortora
- The Twelve Days Of Christmas, Anonymous
- carpe diem