1.Fable of the Mermaid and the Drunks
All those men were there inside,
when she came in totally naked.
They had been drinking: they began to spit.
Newly come from the river, she knew nothing. read more »
Come live with me, and be my love,
And we will some new pleasures prove
Of golden sands, and crystal brooks,
With silken lines, and silver hooks read more »
With Kit, Age 7, at the Beach
We would climb the highest dune, read more »
5.a lesson in swimming*.
(*when a young girl ventures out for her
first class in swimming she should briefed
on consequence of body baring as well
as likely presence of paedophiles) . read more »
fish the cormorants haven't caught
swimming in the shallows. read more »
7.The Channel Swimmer
Would you hear a Wild tale of adventure
Of a hero who tackled the sea,
A super-man swimming the ocean,
Then hark to the tale of Joe Lee. read more »
8.With Kit, Age 7, at the Beach
We would climb the highest dune,
from there to gaze and come down:
the ocean was performing;
we contributed our climb. read more »
Hey when I was a lad in fishing town an old man said to me
You can spend your life your jolly life just sailing on the sea read more »
Let the crows go by hawking their caw and caw.
They have been swimming in midnights of coal mines somewhere.
Let 'em hawk their caw and caw. read more »
'The great ambition of women is to inspire love'
.................................... read more »
12.How Did You Meet Your Wife?
Swimming the English Channel,
struggling to make it to Calais,
I swam into Laura halfway across.
My body oiled for warmth, read more »
New Swimming Poems
- White-Out Swim, Nika McGuin
- Swim my little children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming sport., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Memories, Tony Adah
- Jonah Wills Us To Swallow Own Calamities?, Mark Heathcote
- Swimming the Allegheny River., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Swimming against the currents is unwelcome, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As Seen All Over The World, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- Haiku, Oduro Bright Amoh
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- an angle of angels........................, Eva Tortora
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- the perfect swim, Nikhil Parekh
- Changing Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Swimming But Crawling! (Don't Laugh), Geetha Jayakumar
- August ?? - ?????, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stars Become Sheaves, Abraham Sutzkever
- Yesterday Afternoon, Toshie Nohara
- Sea Turtle, Philo Yan
- Swim., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Swimming, gajanan mishra
- Body Of Bone, Naveed Akram
- Tear Drop Memories, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Water Solvent Memories, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Swimming Distilled Experiences, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Learn to Float, Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
- Amour, Emmanuel EEA
- Drowning Without Water, maria sudibyo
- >>Stone, Abdul Wahab
- Ripple Reflections, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Natasa Tocuc
- Within the sea, Casey Jarrell
- My kingdom of words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Interior Depths Of Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight Sweet Crab Meat, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Against The Flow, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- The Descent Of Alette ['The Water' 'of T.., Alice Notley
- The River, Albert Ahearn
- The Metamorphosis In The Clouds, Robert Rorabeck
- Into Muddied Seas, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Deep In The Ocean, norman hale
- 021. Diving By The Coral Reef, John Westlake
- Poems Swimming In My Mind, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Fish In An Aquarium, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fishes in a Sea of Love, Rachel Nichols
- She Found Him, JOBY JOHN
- In Your Ocean Of Beauty, gajanan mishra
- Let Me Dream, Doruk Kaynak
- The Astronaut, Luca Menin
- To Trim The Body, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Beaches, Lyn Poulton
- A Song to the Fish, East Sea Fairy East Sea Fairy
- Ducklings, Holly Elizabeth
- Swimming Reptile, Naveed Akram
- Duck Feather, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Ocean, courtney metcalf
- Lost In The RIvers Of Love, Jasmine Fafanyo Awagah
- Throughout the night there swam planets, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Carried Away, RIC S. BASTASA
- Poetry and poems........, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- If I could swim in the flight path of an.., Mark Heathcote
- A Girl Who Swims With Her Head Above The.., Renji Mao
- Aches of life, ramesh rai
- Dream, Jagadish Goswami
- It's a life an opus of light/To je zivot.., Miroslava Odalovic
- Lost, Mary OBrien
- Otteri selvakumar # 1, otteri selvakumar
- When I Ruled, Ajibola Tolase
- On holiday on a island in the sun (rondi.., Gert Strydom
- So!, otteri selvakumar
- Scuba Diving, Alon Calinao Dy
- Summer, Savannah Bickford
Poems on / about :
- carpe diem