Poem about together. You can read the best together poems. Browse through all together poems.
1.The Last Ride Together
I said---Then, dearest, since 'tis so,
Since now at length my fate I know,
Since nothing all my love avails,
Since all, my life seemed meant for, fails,
Since this was written and needs must be---
My whole heart rises up to bless
Your name in pride and thankfulness!
Take back the hope you gave,---I claim
---Only a memory of the same,
---And this beside, if you will not blame,
Your leave for one more last ride with me.
My mistress bent that brow of hers;
Those deep dark eyes where pride demurs
When pity would be softening through,
Fixed me, a breathing-while or two,
With life or death in the balance: right!
The blood replenished me again;
My last thought was at least not vain:
I and my mistress, side by side
Shall be together, breathe and ride,
So, one day more am I deified.
Who knows but the world may end tonight?
Hush! if you saw some western cloud
All billowy-bosomed, over-bowed
By many benedictions---sun's
And moon's and evening-star's at once---
And so, you, looking and loving best,
Conscious grew, your passion drew
Cloud, sunset, moonrise, star-shine too,
Down on you, near and yet more near,
Till flesh must fade for heaven was here!---
Thus leant she and lingered---joy and fear!
Thus lay she a moment on my breast.
Then we began to ride. My soul
Smoothed itself out, a long-cramped scroll
Freshening and fluttering in the wind.
Past hopes already lay behind.
What need to strive with a life awry?
Had I said that, had I done this,
So might I gain, so might I miss.
Might she have loved me? just as well
She might have hated, who can tell!
Where had I been now if the worst befell?
And here we are riding, she and I.
Fail I alone, in words and deeds?
Why, all men strive and who succeeds?
We rode; it seemed my spirit flew,
Saw other regions, cities new,
As the world rushed by on either side.
I thought,---All labour, yet no less
Bear up beneath their unsuccess.
Look at the end of work, contrast
The petty done, the undone vast,
This present of theirs with the hopeful past!
I hoped she would love me; here we ride.
What hand and brain went ever paired?
What heart alike conceived and dared?
What act proved all its thought had been?
What will but felt the fleshly screen?
We ride and I see her bosom heave.
There's many a crown for who can reach,
Ten lines, a statesman's life in each!
The flag stuck on a heap of bones,
A soldier's doing! what atones?
They scratch his name on the Abbey-stones.
My riding is better, by their leave.
What does it all mean, poet? Well,
Your brains beat into rhythm, you tell
What we felt only; you expressed
You hold things beautiful the best,
And pace them in rhyme so, side by side.
'Tis something, nay 'tis much: but then,
Have you yourself what's best for men?
Are you---poor, sick, old ere your time---
Nearer one whit your own sublime
Than we who never have turned a rhyme?
Sing, riding's a joy! For me, I ride.
And you, great sculptor---so, you gave
A score of years to Art, her slave,
And that's your Venus, whence we turn
To yonder girl that fords the burn!
You acquiesce, and shall I repine?
What, man of music, you grown grey
With notes and nothing else to say,
Is this your sole praise from a friend,
``Greatly his opera's strains intend,
``Put in music we know how fashions end!''
I gave my youth; but we ride, in fine.
Who knows what's fit for us? Had fate
Proposed bliss here should sublimate
My being---had I signed the bond---
Still one must lead some life beyond,
Have a bliss to die with, dim-descried.
This foot once planted on the goal,
This glory-garland round my soul,
Could I descry such? Try and test!
I sink back shuddering from the quest.
Earth being so good, would heaven seem best?
Now, heaven and she are beyond this ride.
And yet---she has not spoke so long!
What if heaven be that, fair and strong
At life's best, with our eyes upturned
Whither life's flower is first discerned,
We, fixed so, ever should so abide?
What if we still ride on, we two
With life for ever old yet new,
Changed not in kind but in degree,
The instant made eternity,---
And heaven just prove that I and she
Ride, ride together, for ever ride? read more »
2.We May Live Together
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can. read more »
Splashing along the boggy woods all day,
And over brambled hedge and holding clay,
I shall not think of him:
But when the watery fields grow brown and dim, read more »
In the steamer is the trout
seasoned with slivers of ginger,
two sprigs of green onion, and sesame oil.
We shall eat it with rice for lunch, read more »
Speaking of marvels, I am alive
together with you, when I might have been
alive with anyone under the sun,
when I might have been Abelard's woman read more »
6.The Two Of Us Won’t Share A Glass Together
The two of us won’t share a glass together
Be it of water or of sweet red wine;
We won’t be kissing, in the morning either read more »
For many, many days together
The wind blew steady from the East;
For many days hot grew the weather,
About the time of our Lady's Feast. read more »
8.We Two Boys Together Clinging
WE two boys together clinging,
One the other never leaving,
Up and down the roads going--North and South excursions making, read more »
9.The Trail's End
You've read the story of Jesse James
of how he lived and died.
If you're still in need;
of something to read, read more »
10.We Have Been Friends Together
WE have been friends together,
In sunshine and in shade;
Since first beneath the chestnut-trees
In infancy we played. read more »
Someone says Tristan
& Isolde, the shared cup
& broken vows binding them, read more »
12.The Story of Bonnie and Clyde
You've read the story of Jesse James
Of how he lived and died;
If you're still in need read more »
New Together Poems
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- Together, Wallis minten
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- Hold Me Together, jael mboga
- Families That Communicate Stay Together, Terence G. Craddock (aftergl ..
- Together with Love and Apples, Rachel Nichols
- spires, Erin Thomas
- My Hero, zoas noble
- Where is my Spring season., Bhupesh Balakrishnan
- Let Us Cook Together, Archana Kapoor Nagpal
- Tomo Yo (w/english -Buddy-), Marites C. Cayetano
- You and I Sail The World, Leaking Pen
- Loving Relationship, Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani
- ..two gather, Jim Opiyo
- Close My Eyes, Grant Lovell
- When We Return, Natasha Lage
- Me Alone, Deci Hernandez
- Don't Go | Early Poems, Anna Maria
- Together, Hope McPeak
- Together, gajanan mishra
- Together, Terence Lorenzo
- Family, Guenael Oristel
- Together Forever, Brianna Austin
- It's A Monster, Bailey Getty
- We Go Down Together, Veronica Murillo
- Two Birds, Mbali Gina
- Together We Cry, forever gone
- Together Again, Heather Burns
- United, Tinus Erasmus
- Forever Together, Jasmine Thompson
- HOW GREAT WE ARE, Aldo Kraas
- Somewhere in this world, Deepak Hariharan
- Perfect Match, Colin Coplin
- Together And Ever, Low Li Ling Jasmine
- Together We Can, Cookie Dempsey
- Together, Charlotte Murray
- That Awkward Moment, Jess Terry
- Stay Together, Brigitte Sams
- Together We Will..., Gita Ashok
- Together, Nikki Addleton
- MOON SONG, RIC S. BASTASA
- Two love birds, Kolawole Ajao
- If, Sam Popeil
- ¤¤¤¤¤¤True lover¤¤¤¤¤¤, Shibil Muhammed
- SHaNoWa ~N~ FeLiPe, SmashLey Sweetie Simons
- JOY AND SORROW, Manahil Shafiq
- We go together, Misty moon
- Meant To Be, Amber Muth
- Small is indeed BIG! ! !, Meetika Srivastava
- Intention of the marriage, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 'We Belong Together', Sarah Perez
- Apart together live, vincent armone
- Together You and I..., Surendar Chowdary Vattikuti
- Family Means To Me What? !, Istiqur Rahman
- we have to be together! ! !, angelica ayman
- some(no) bodies, Alex Lewis
- alone, together, Stacy Bea
- 8.........' One Love ', fawzia zie
- differences, Erica Olson
- 12. Love is – Togetherness! [On Love a c.., Angelina Pandian
- Together We Await The Storm, Kyle Matthews
- n/a, Melinda Sordini
- Picture, reina Lorenzo
- Relationship Blueprint, Jaycee Wilkerson
- Side By Side, ANNE P LadeeAnne MURRAY
- we go together, Sarah MCoys
- Slowly restart, Trecie Roberts
- Promise together, kanako izumkui
- ~together~, mikaela smith
- ~together forever~, mikaela smith
- Always and Forever, Ashley Wakefield
- Rain, The runner who hides
- Crossroads, Evan Skora
- Together, Allyson Gordon
- carpe diem