Richard Blay Poems
- Who Are You I woke but laid for a while In the still of the ...
- Friends Friends, false friends are like shadows Remaining ...
- Mirage Mirage, mighty men have fallen for the pursuit of your...
- If Minds Were As Brooks till the human pages crunch at their ...
- Wandering Souls
- Who Knows Best O dangling leaf; brown or green. Sailing ...
- Life Goes Clockwise, But... When life's clock ticks ...
Born and raised at Prestea in the
Western region of Ghana, currently living at
Kumasi in the Ashanti region of Ghana.
A lover of arts, reading, nature, comedy and poetry.
No time for imitation, beautification, originality or personality..., aims at writing. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''I stood with now great men but I lie with pain.''Richard Blay (Ghanaian poet) , line 5 of the poem 'Upon My Youth'
''any person who attacks an artist in order to understand a particular art of that artist has first of all failed at his or her noble pursuit of understanding that art.''Observation notes by Richard Blay (Ghanaian poet)
Comments about Richard Blay
Who Are You
I woke but laid for a while
In the still of the night- everything was as it was;
The pieces of papers, the books;
The read the half read the unread
The broken pencils the pens the ink
The poem lying besides me half written without theme
So I think, think, and I think I think not alone
For the night belongs to the poet and the madman -
The baker sleeps besides the oven lest the bread burns
The woman without child prays, the woman with the sick child prays
The nurse checks the temperature, the patient dreams
The employer watches, the employee ...