Robert Burgan Poems
- Embracing Darkness (Hope In Co... As the sun sets in ...
- Reinvention -new- I watched my world crumble Everything washed ...
- Driftwood Some days I feel like I washed up on the shore at a...
- Snake Bite The sideways snow slices cheek bone The hollow ...
- Get A Move On! This is how you'll get to know me. When I ...
- Die In The Moment If I would have died in that moment It ...
- The Build When paradise got destroyed we were sitting behind ...
Robert Burgan is a Spoken Word Poet, Hip Hop artist and Singer-Songwriter from Des Plaines, Illinois. His main themes are life and death, coming of age, spirituality, transformation, and self help. He began writing poetry at a young age and has been doing it ever since. He has 9 albums recorded, has written hundreds of poems and frequently performs at The Green Mill in Chicago. Robert's main goal ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Hang no label around your neck don't let anybody dangle halos over your head, become exempt, you're not weird you're a more unique version of your friends.''Taken from the poem 'Get A Move On! '
''I no longer feel like I'm a part of this worldIn honor of my new album 'Transcendence' coming soon
I'm a universe endlessly exerting energy.''
Comments about Robert Burgan
Embracing Darkness (Hope In Colorado)
As the sun sets in Silver Cliff the lights dim and fade
To embrace the rare sight of a night sky displayed
A Mecca for stargazers the silence drizzles like rain
Whispers embrace the grandeur of the Milky Way
Light pollution exists; it's manufactured like everything else
The population can't admit that it's killing itself
Westcliffe joins in and flips the switch to promote
A new way of living that invokes promising results
The asymptote of our culture must not be condoned
Because there are no limitations on how far we can go
If the poisoning doesn't stop and the ...