Robert Burgan Poems
- Driftwood Some days I feel like I washed up on the shore at a...
- Snake Bite The sideways snow slices cheek bone The hollow ...
- Get A Move On! This is how you'll get to know me. When I ...
- Die In The Moment If I would have died in that moment It ...
- The Build When paradise got destroyed we were sitting behind ...
- Ocean Of Emptiness I sit perched over an Ocean of ...
- The Pop The sound of the pop is when you hear your head get ...
Robert Burgan is a Spoken Word Poet, Hip Hop artist and Singer-Songwriter from Des Plaines, Illinois. His main themes are life and death, coming of age, spirituality, transformation, and self help. He began writing poetry at a young age and has been doing it ever since. He has 9 albums recorded, has written hundreds of poems and frequently performs at The Green Mill in Chicago. Robert's main goal ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Hang no label around your neck don't let anybody dangle halos over your head, become exempt, you're not weird you're a more unique version of your friends.''Taken from the poem 'Get A Move On! '
''I no longer feel like I'm a part of this worldIn honor of my new album 'Transcendence' coming soon
I'm a universe endlessly exerting energy.''
Comments about Robert Burgan
The sound of the pop is when you hear your head get pulled out of your ass
Then and only then can you see life for its true beauty
Every blade of grass, every drop of dew on the leaves every microcosm dancing through an open field
Like Mikey-with shrapnel on his heels.
He watched his grandfather get pick-axed apart by cancer
It opened up a void sized hole in his chest, his insides were revealed
The same guy who used to run over squirrels for fun was sitting on the side of a bed
Trying to pump life back into the body of someone he loved
He was the ...