Sally Evans Poems
- 33 Lines For Ginsberg Beatiest of beats let me address ...
- Ringo's Song [beatles] I am not the great John, bold and ...
- Whitby Jet Black stone soft to carve beads, ornament, ...
- Frost Frost locks the landscape under sun, silvers the gold...
- The Angel Of The North A poet named this new colossus. The ...
- Gently The Woodsorrel And The ... Gently the woodsorrel and ...
- Frank Graham's North Country He knew the North ...
Born London, brought up in the north of England. Has lived in Scotland since 1979, in Callander since 2000.
Widely published poet in books and magazines, editor of Poetry Scotland and diehard poetry books.
Gardener and beekeeper
all Sally's poems posted here have been previously published in books, magazines, anthologies, webzines or as part of public projects more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
33 Lines For Ginsberg
Beatiest of beats let me address you
as you America. Let me bless you
charleychaplin poet that you are
like Ferlinghetti spreadeagled in air
like Sandberg in Chicago like Burroughs AWOL
as you build up your argument to howl
at the barriers and choices in all existence
your words' steam engines go the distance
freshness and fury and spirit all churned
together till somehow they have learned
to answer back as good as you get.
No one has shouted down America yet
and made America listen and pause.
You move inexorably clause by clause
explain to America ...