Scarlett Treat Poems
- Loneliness I lean myself against the Empty, transparent ...
- Alone, By Choice I am alone, By choice, Because the ...
- Candy Store Window The loneliest place in the world is ...
- Cages, Prisons, And Other Form...
- Running, Running, Running The motel was ragged With weeds ...
- I Bleed My arteries have been opened to bleed on the altar ...
- Motherhood-Mother's Day,2006 Poet of my heart, Dream ...
Hi, Fellow poetry lovers! I officially retired from working recently, after a lifetime of hard labor, but then I found out that retirement wasn't enough to live on, so I am back at work, Part-time only! I still have enough time to do some of the things I love.
I am a member of the Mississippi Poetry Society, The National Poetry Society, The Northeast Mississippi Art Association, The... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I lean myself against the
Empty, transparent windowpane,
My staring eyes watch my own image,
But it slowly becomes your face.
My uncharted breath
On the clear glass windowpane
Slowly melts rivers of water,
And my fingers draw
My mind recoiles
from the longing thoughts.
My moist fingers are
Frigid from the connection, and
The desire for your love
Pounds in immense silent waves
Through my soul.
My heart longs for you,
And yet, I am still alone.
For Frankie, with love, from Johnnie