Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
Poetry has been with me all my life. My father of blessed memory Reuben Kelly Freedman loved to recite outloud favorite passages. I learned from him the love of the sounding voice. My mother of blessed memory, Edith Zeibert Freedman loved music, and music was in her soul. I from an early age loved to read, and I found in those readings reflections of my own soul. In the American schools of my day ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Perhaps I Lost The Poems Long Ago -new-
- I Pride Myself That In Poetry -new-
- My Life Is Happier Than I Make It Out To... -new-
- Not Yet -new-
- There Is A Courage Of Defiance -new-
- Very Old People Make Me Sad -new-
- My Poem Does Not Inspire -new-
- God Forgive Me For Having Written So Muc... -new-
- I Am Tired Of Wondering Who I Am -new-
- The Small Children Give Us Hope -new-
- Even In Old Age -new-
- All These People Who Once Were -new-
- Someone I Know Told Me They Read A Poem ...
- Where Am I Now? /Lost In The Sleepless L...
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
- A Little Soul With Monstrous Fears