Shannon Hughes Poems
- Sitting In A Dark Corner I am sitting in a ...
- I Lay On The Forest Floor I lay on the forest floor Looking ...
- 'I Am A Nature Lover' I am a nature lover I wonder what it’s...
- Pain A fiery Excruciating pain Pulses throughout ...
- Skipping Stone Wondering lonely Around the lake Glum ...
- That Happy Feeling Today I just had That Happy Feeling That...
- The Graveyard As stealthily as a panther The black of night ...
Hmm ok I guess I’m writing another biography because the one I wrote yesterday for an HOUR decided not to save. Alright I guess I’ll start with a short version of the life story of Shannon Hughes. I was born in Anaheim, lived in HB with both parents until they split up when I was two, and moved into an apartment still in HB with my mom. In second grade we moved into the townhouse until she met ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Shannon Hughes
Sitting In A Dark Corner
I am sitting in a dark
Crying about lost causes
And listening to angry music
Waves of sadness
Dispair and longing
Wash over me
Suicidal thoughts come and go
With the tides
'What's the point of living? '
'I'll miss my family and... friend.'
'Everybody hates me! '
'Mom has always loved me.'
'Well she's your mom! She has to love you! Even if your a screw-up! '
People are complicated
Their minds are a rinse-cycle
After all the chiaos has ceased
They come out clean
So I sit ...