SIDNEY W. JOHNSTON
SIDNEY W. JOHNSTON Poems
- A Far Journey I met a man who journeyed far, And he talked...
- A Vietnam Veteran With P. T. ... I am a Vietnam Veteran ...
- Fix And A Prayer I cross myself, n' pass the church, ...
- Wellcome Home Soldier We buried another veteran to day, ...
- Drinking Blues I got the drinking blues, Feel like I been ...
- The Paradox The cold hard reality.... Occures in the heat ...
- Little Shadows Shadows.... A semblance of what we think we ...
Born in my grand mother's store in Ward, Colorado
where my father worked the coal mines.At the age
of six our family moved to Las Cruces, New Mexico.
He started his own blacksmith shop.
I joined the U.S.Navy in 1956 through 1959.
Served on to air craft carriers.
The USS ORISKANY CVA 34 and the USS HANCOCK CVA 19.
I bumbed around visiting different cities ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about SIDNEY W. JOHNSTON
A Far Journey
I met a man who journeyed far,
And he talked of the things he had done,
Of the places that he has been,
And how he had so much fun.
The buildings so tall, Oh the mighty walls,
The momuments to honor someone,
Such sights to see...
Such wonders under the sun!
But the things he remembered the most,
Are the people along the way,
The smiles, the warmth, the friendships,
To brighten your day.
Lands near and far, whose people are
So different in so many ways,
Than the life we have known,
And the ways we have all been ...