Tom Higgins Poems
- Fatty Bum Bum How did I end up in this state? I'm always ...
- The American Citizen's Right T...
- Cat And Mouse I saw a cat playing with a mouse, from the ...
- Persistently Pursuing Piscine ... Once again whilst ...
- Too Late Again. This week, on Tuesday I must sadly, ...
- The Almighty Atom! Everything including me, Is made of ...
- A Whisper On The Breeze I think I've come to understand, ...
I was born and grew up here, and apart from a brief spell working at Rolls Royce in Bristol in 1973 I have lived here all my life, so far! Egremont is on the edge of the Lake District National Park and the surrounding area is exceptionally beautiful.I have been married since 1983, and have two daughters.I started to jot down a few words about five years ago, but prior to this time I had not ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tom Higgins
Fatty Bum Bum
How did I end up in this state?
I'm always fighting with my weight,
I'd like to put it down to fate,
but that ain't honest!
I know for sure what I do wrong,
I've known the truth all along,
but I always sing a different song,
and that ain't honest!
I've tried to blame my family,
for passing the fat gene down to me,
and making me a big fat'B',
but that ain't honest.
So now I'm gonna face the fact,
I have to make me a slimming pact,
and with exercise I must react.
Now, that is honest!