Hook, Line, And Sinker
I'm in the fishing tackle shop,
And tempting thoughts just will not stop,
I'm like a little kid of three,
In a sweetie shop where all's for me!
I already own enough rods and reels,
But inside this place it really feels,
Like I can't just play at look see,
I'm compelled to take things home with me.
Why is it that I feel this way?
I go to other types of shops every day,
And I never feel such an urge to buy,
Please can any kind person tell me why?
That every time I come in here,
I want to buy all manner of gear,
Even stuff I know I'll never use,
It is so hard to just peruse.
Without picking up a lure or three,
They're for catching fish, but they catch me,
More often than any bass or cod,
And look at this reel, and this latest rod!
Do I need either? Not at all,
It'll eventually drive me up the wall.
This madness, it just has to stop,
Or I'll have to open my own tackle shop!
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hook, Line, And Sinker by Tom Higgins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To you there's an amazing kind of grace .., Gert Strydom
- wailay da peer, maqsood hasni
- wand da chanun, maqsood hasni
- This Is What You Do To Men, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Sennacherib, Gert Strydom
- waqt kaisa inqlaab laya hai, maqsood hasni
- Hirs ki rim jim, maqsood hasni