Vera Sidhwa Poems
- Death Is My Friend Death is my friend. We lie together on ...
- Traffic Light Ah green, I love my green. It's the traffic ...
- Children On The Streets Of Ind... The girl of twelve told me, ...
- Animal's Luck Bees, birds, bugs and bobcats, Mice, rats, ...
- Thorns And Wildflowers Does it seem that this field, ...
- Clap Your Hands Clap your hands for you, Clap your hands ...
- Salt And Pepper Shaker Salt and pepper shaker, Talk to me a...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Death Is My Friend
Death is my friend.
We lie together on the ocean blown sand.
He is my gentle guide and saint.
He's rocked in my arms, and burrowed in my heart.
I found him playing in my crade, when I was just born.
Death is so loved by me,
Even his non-living ways.
As living as I may be,
Death has seen life and death.
Because I have death glam,
My friend looks sweet.
I lie underneath the apple tree with a heart beating
With one whose heartbeat doesn't exist.
But now I must stand up and leave him be,
So I walk in the opposite ...