Were blooming flowers,
Once upon a time,
Pressed flower's beauty,
In my mind.
The petals fleshed out,
Turned into flatness today.
Flowered in dried-out form,
Spoke of their stories today.
They had so much to say.
Stories of bloom time flowers,
Stories of rapid rain showers.
Stories of sharing a garden,
And stories of wild abandon.
These pressed flowers knew everything
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pressed Flowers by Vera Sidhwa )
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)