Ann Beard Poems
- A Letter To My Dad If I could write a letter to my Dad. I’d...
- First Love “I would like to help”, little more than a ...
- A Lady With Cake. I have been here before so I know the ...
- As I Used To Be. A sombre day made only for reflection, ...
- A Kiss. A kiss, becomes a pact between two souls, ...
- Between Walls Of Pale Lilac. Between walls of pale lilac she ...
- I Never Saw Her Cry. She did not shed a single tear, the ...
A New Zealand Poet.
keen gardener with a passion for arts and crafts, light novels, music (easy listening and light opera) Loves simple, from the heart poetry that simply 'takes ones breath away'.
Finds inspiration from life and nature
Ann has recently self published a poetry book. with the American company Xlibris presently advertising on Poemhunter. and has this to say.
I would like to advise all would be authors to carefully research all offers of self publishing especially - where the company distributes from, selling price, print quality and marketing assistance included in price.
a preview can be found by Googling Roan B ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Letter To My Dad
If I could write a letter to my Dad.
I’d ask him, are you watching over me?
Seeing through my eyes the life, I’ve had.
Translating all the worldly sights, I see.
If I could put a question to my Dad
I’d ask him are you always at my side
The centre of my soul is very sad
Starting from the day they said you died.
If I could put my arms around my Dad
I’d ask him how to bare the wrath of men
Who, acting in the name of a religion,
kill without regret and feed on mayhem.
If I could just but walk beside my Dad
I’d ask him, was it hard to leave ...