Annie Cordelia Adams
Annie Cordelia Adams Poems
- A Little Picture A little picture, browned, Had a tear on ...
- After A Thousand Years I'Ll Me...
- () |() |() Beternity At Sea/B That if I would, I would ...
- Beauty In The Eye Of The Behol... I swept my hair to the ...
- Cavalry Of Waves I miss the sea and its cavalry of waves I ...
- B() |() |() This P...
- B() |() |() Howl At T... i am drawn by an ...
Honesty. It is the absolute embodiment of my poems. I do not write what I do not feel. So, I do not look for inspiration. It either falls into my lap, or it isn't there. Everything I write, is in completely honest form. Well, then, my poems become me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Little Picture
A little picture, browned,
Had a tear on its edge
Where moth and rust
Plagued it away
Wherever was this picture found?
In an attic? Where dust collects?
A tiny picture, profound
In all measure, fledged
With beauty like gold dust
A blooming fleur bouquet
Like an old tea gown
It was tossed with willful neglect
It did, very much, astound
Those who pledged
Their direct trust
Who lived in that day
Who’s beauty it drank down
In honest respect, its object
An old memory found
In a river of images read
The old photo must, ...