Bernard de Ventadorn (1150 - 1195)
Bernart de Ventadorn also known as Bernard de Ventadour or Bernat del Ventadorn, was a prominent troubador of the classical age of troubadour poetry. Now thought of as "the Master Singer" he developed the cançons into a more formalized style which allowed for sudden turns. He is remembered for his mastery as well as popularisation of the trobar leu style, and for his prolific cançons, which helped define the genre and establish the "classical" form of courtly love poetry, to be imitated and reproduced throughout the remaining century and a half of troubadour activity.
Bernart was known for being able to portray his woman as a divine agent in one moment and then in a sudden twist, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Amics Bernart de Ventadorn
- Bel m'es can eu vei la brolha
- Can vei la lauzeta
- Can vei la lauzeta ( l'envoi chanté par ...
- Cantarai d'aquest trobadors
- En cossirer e en esmai
- Era.m conseillatz
- Lancan vei la folha
- Lancan vei per mei la landa
- Lo gens temps de pascor
- Non es meravelha s'eu chan
- Per mels cobrir lo mal pes (Anne)
- Pois preyatz me, senhor
- Quan l'herba fresqu'el.h folha