Binoy Barman Poems
- Ant And Elephant Is it logical to compare an ant and an ...
- Vuvuzela Trumpets The drone goes on, ceaseless, ...
- Tit For Tat If you pull the tail of a dog You are bit or ...
- Aquarium Fishes swim merrily in aquarium My mind swims with ...
- Dawn Just a while ago a black cow gave birth to a white ...
- Birth And Death What is birth? To die over and ...
- Cats And Dogs Rain Have you ever seen heavy showers? ...
MA in English from the University of Dhaka. MPhil in Semantics and PhD in Syntax. Now working at Daffodil International University in Dhaka, Bangladesh as the Assistant Professor and Head, Department of English. Especially interested in language and literature. Writes regular column in Star Campus magazine of The Daily Star. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Binoy Barman
Ant And Elephant
Is it logical to compare an ant and an elephant?
Where is the problem?
An elephant is so large in slow pace
While an ant occupies so tiny a space
Size doesn’t matter when they share the same life force
When they have the same DNA source
So we can create similes
The ant is as smart as the elephant
Or the elephant live socially like the ant
Do we contradict when we say
As small as an elephant
Or as large as an ant
Does that stun?
Let us make some more fun
Keep ‘a big ant’ and ‘a small elephant’ side by side
And let the human wit ride ...