Ant and Elephant
Is it logical to compare an ant and an elephant?
Where is the problem?
An elephant is so large in slow pace
While an ant occupies so tiny a space
Size doesn’t matter when they share the same life force
When they have the same DNA source
So we can create similes
The ant is as smart as the elephant
Or the elephant live socially like the ant
Do we contradict when we say
As small as an elephant
Or as large as an ant
Does that stun?
Let us make some more fun
Keep ‘a big ant’ and ‘a small elephant’ side by side
And let the human wit ride
They are still different?
Ok, make a meaning from
An elephant is smaller than an ant
Or an ant is bigger than an elephant
Madness is prized
I am not surprised
When an ant gives birth to an elephantine child
Or an elephant issues an ‘anty’ calf
Size is illusory
When death rings the final bell
Ant and elephant come to the same level.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ant and Elephant by Binoy Barman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar