Bruce Larkin Poems
- The Night Before School Starts ‘Twas the night before school ...
- A Sad Love Story
- A Cannibal's Comment 'I don't mean to be rude', Said the ...
- My Circus Life They say that in life, You have to pay your ...
- Read Across America He wrote the 'Cat in the Hat' And so ...
- It Could Have Been An Amazing ... It could have been a ...
- I Met A Celebrity My family went to Hollywood. There were ...
Bruce Currently makes his living as a juggler, physicist, and professional mutterer. When Bruce Larkin was 11 years old, he was struck by lighting while riding his unicycle. Even though that lightning bolt stimulated the part of Bruce's brain which writes funny poetry, it also threw him off of a cliff into the wagon of a passing Gypsy caravan. Bruce has never seen his family since that day. He is hoping to use his poetry to be reunited with his 23 brothers and sisters. Each of his poems contains a sophisticated code which will hopefully allow Bruce to rejoin his 23 siblings. If you recognize any of the code in these poems, please sit on a bench in Central Park next Tuesday morning at 10am. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Night Before School Starts
‘Twas the night before school starts,
And all through the city,
Parents were filled with joy.
They were downright giddy.
Children huddled in beds,
Many shed a tear.
Thoughts of returning to school
Filled them with fear.
All around the city,
Parents said what they love to say;
"Better get to bed now.
Tomorrow's a school day! "