Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chen-ou Liu was a college teacher, essayist, editor, and two-time winner of the national Best Book Review Radio Program Award. In 2002, he emigrated to Canada and settled in Ajax, a suburb of Toronto. There, he continues to struggle with a life in transition and translation. Featured in New Resonance 7: Emerging Voices in English-Language Haiku, and listed as one of the top... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Visual Snow Haiku -new-
- Always the Moon -new-
- The Years of Living Consciously -new-
- Dragon Kite Tanka
- Butterfly Kite Haiku
- War Haiku
- Ferguson Police Haiku
- A Tanka for Michael Brown's Funeral
- A NeverEnding Story
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka
- Ferguson Protest Tanka
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae...
- 'Good Morning, Vietnam' Tanka for Robin ...
- My Captain Tanka for Robin Williams
- Hazy Moonlight Haiku
- Butterfly Dream Haiku
- Haiku Sequence: You Must Stay Drunk on W...
- Red Spider Lilies Haiku
- 'Taste of Moonlight' Haiku
- Pussy Riot Haiku
- A Dead Man Writing
- Wedding Night Haiku
- A Haiku about Heated Haiku Debate
- Ducks Haiku
- Invictus, A Haiku Set for Nelson Mandela
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- Autumn Twilight Haiku
- A Tanka about the '3/5 Compromise'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)