A Dead Man Writing
A Tanka Prose
for Ernest Hemingway who claimed that
The important thing for a writer is to tell a good story...
The best ones are liars.
Death has a boot
on my neck
the first line for him
I'm a slave to words
Who is really interested in reading your poetry? A smirk on his face.
I have nothing important to write, I say, All I can do is sit down at the computer and bleed. If no one reads it, you, Death, will be my reviewer.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dead Man Writing by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal