cheryl davis miller
cheryl davis miller Poems
- Purple Haze Another life has passed today lost in a purple ...
- The Walking Dead 'You feel too deeply, ' my mother spoke. ...
- Go Away Snow From the North to the South, and the East to ...
- The Flu A limerick for my family, who one and all have ...
- Molly's Grace Molly you inspire me, so I've picked up my ...
- The Mouse Brigade The long night of the mouse brigade; ...
- Dividing Love Mary had her spent life lavishly; she had ...
I'm married,41 years. I have 2 grown daughters, and 3 grandchildren. I live on a small farm in Ohio.Where we raise cattle, [beef] chickens, a garden and pets.
Came from W.Va. I still consider it home, and write often of my appalachian roots.
My parents divorced when I was one, and I was given to an Aunt to raise.
At 13, she thought I needed to be with my 'real' mother.
At 14, my 'real mother', thought I would do better with an older brother.
At 14 yrs. and 2 mos. I decided, I would do better on my own. So I lived many lives in the next 5 yrs, until I married.
Since then I have lived a quiet life.I have scribbled since I was a child.
Learned to read, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Another life has passed today
lost in a purple haze.
Tears flow from family and friends
all due to a drug craze.
Haze of the craze; a moments ease
from some of life's turmoil.
but for relief the cost has been
a life of crime and toil.
A fair exchange, I ask of you
for moments of relief?
A life cut short with disregard
by purple haze, a thief.
There is no beauty in that life
no glamour can be found.
Heart sick souls that seek relief in
a purple haze are drowned.
Angels are weeping in heaven
for that which might have been; ...