cheryl davis miller
Mary had her spent life lavishly;
she had lived it so hard and fast.
She met a man in the marketplace
Who told her all about her past.
She stared into His eyes in dismay;
as He spoke, ' Mary start anew.'
Ran to tell her friends and family,
'It's exactly what I shall do.'
Mary had a sister Lilah who
had lived her life differently.
Mary spent her live in deviltry
Lilah a temple devotee.
Mary knew He was the Messiah
Lilah said she'd never believe.
Sisters once woven as one clothe
torn apart; began to unweave.
Lilah held to words men had spoken;
Mary those that Messiah spoke.
One continued on in liberty,
the other bowed beneath mans yoke.
Thus is the tale of two sisters who;
are today divided by love.
One follows the words of earthly men;
one follows, The One from above.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dividing Love by cheryl davis miller )
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
- Bad Timing, Luis Estable
- God`s Best Work, Luis Estable
- Hiya duck, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)