Christopher Tye Poems
- Another Year Passes Another year passes The old man is...
- Rise Rise Respect yourself, Improve yourself,
- Simple Gifts Simple Gifts All a man needs is simple gifts,...
- Empires Of Sand Empires of Sand As children we built our ...
- Lemon -new- Lemon Lemonade to drink in the summer, Eating ...
- Wasted Days Wasted Days There are days when I have no ...
- Obsidian Born out of the heat of volcanoes, Nature's own ...
Born in Lincolnshire, England. I have always lived in the Lincolnshire.
Music, life & the Lincolnshire countryside are my greastest inspirations.
History, the arts, archaeology, architecture, anthropology, aviation, railways, early & classical music are my main intersts.
I tend to write poems as I think of them. My poems tend to be with-out much ryhme, reason or sturcture as a result. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Another Year Passes
Another year passes
The old man is sitting in his armchair,
Looking out of the window,
Watching the birds,
As they are flying from tree to tree,
He remembers all the winters,
He spent in his garden when he was young,
Planting those same trees,
When they were just little saplings,
He remembers all the years that,
Those trees have been growing and slowly maturing,
He knows long after he has celebrated his final birthday,
All the trees in his beloved garden,
Will still be growing,
And still be giving food and shelter to the birds, ...