Emily Dawn Poems
- Future Tense FUTURE TENSE The future has no obligation to ...
- I Dare You It will always be easier to complain, To find ...
- A Lullaby The sun is sinking, Melting atop many-windowed ...
- Pause I feel incomplete without him, now. Though not in ...
- Thread This thread can extend From within escaping caged ...
- Transit Even the subway rats are exchanging embraces, it's ...
- Incomplete As I choreograph myself Into the heated haze ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Emily Dawn
The future has no obligation
It floats blissfully aloof,
In a room with a view,
watching the tense present
zig zag toward it,
taut with the weighted options
of the entire alphabet, A-Z.
Alternatives pile up like hat-boxes.
But the far away future
isn't a bellhop
and the near future won't give up
her privileged status
in the penthouse suite
until her countdown
to final check-out
is as deflated as her bank account.
And though she spouted independence
when the tense present
was just a...