Ferdinand L Quintos
Ferdinand L Quintos Poems
- Train Ride To Nowhere The train rolls out slowly from the ...
- Pangasinan (Sakey A Lugay) Pan-aasinan nen panaon ya inmuna, ...
- A Night On Mt. Olympus As the gods silently slept On ...
- Ecstasy As I lay lonesome one night in my bed, Somnus on my...
- A Rudderless Boat I am a frail rudderless boat broken by the...
- Angel (Acrostic Poem) Name poem ANGEL
- Hyperbole You ask me very frequently measure of my ...
Numerology features in several important events in the life of Ferdinand L Quintos.
He was born in Bayambang, Pangasinan, Philippines,10 days after the 10th month after the declaration by the United States of war on Japan (December 8,1941) following the latter’s attack on the American naval base on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (December 7,1941) .
He is the 10th child of his father (who had six by his first marriage.
He holds a Bachelor Arts degree (major in political science, minor in English) .
He finished his studies of law at the Far Eastern University in Manila in 1971 and took the Bar examinations administered by the country’s Supreme Court on four ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ferdinand L Quintos
Train Ride To Nowhere
The train rolls out slowly
from the old terminal bay,
rusty wheels reluctantly
roll on rails all rickety,
just like my mind grudgingly
decided to go away.
The train picks up speed,
forcefully pushes ahead,
outside the scenes turn blurry,
things and all become fuzzy,
just like the uncertainty
of all this inane journey.
The train now, as if a scythe,
cuts through the countryside
like the sharp pangs of sadness
cut through the dark recesses,
and reopens all the hurt,
deep in my tormented heart.
The train at last slows ...