Frank Avon Poems
- Summer Gone It's raining. The day is gray. Chilly.
- Not Found (Error To Origin) Just another way to frustrate ...
- Treasure Island: Overall Stati... The scores are evening ...
- Realms Of Gold '... which bards in fealty to Apollo hold'
- No Snow At All Let there be no snow save in paintings as by...
- Walking Is A Way Of Life From childhood on I walked the ...
- Remarkable Photograph The church on a rock looks like a ...
The person for whom Frank Avon is a pseudonym is 77 years old - and has been for some time. It sounds like a lucky number, so he feels he might as well stick with it for a while. He was an educator for 45 years, and is now retired, though not graciously, for he misses teaching every single day. He has written thousands of poems, but has never permitted any of them to be published (except for a... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The day is gray.
is washing away
in channels of mud.
is still waving
cling to their petals.
never the less,
summer is gone.
Only its shadows
some still ablossom,
to be cherished,
to be held
until all is lost,
until the chilling,