George Pope Morris (1802-1864 / USA)
George Pope Morris (October 10, 1802 – July 6, 1864) was an American editor, poet, and songwriter.
With Nathaniel Parker Willis, he co-founded the daily New York Evening Mirror by merging his fledgling weekly New York Mirror with Willis's American Monthly in August 1831. Morris is credited with the longevity the Evening Mirror would enjoy and for giving it a wide scope, covering not ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Hero Of The Revolution.
- A Leap For Life
- A Legend Of The Mohawk.
- A Parody.
- A Wall-Street Lyric.
- Address For The Benefit Of Henry Placide...
- Address For The Benefit Of James Sherida...
- Address For The Benefit Of William Dunla...
- Au Revoir.
- Bessy Bell.
- Champions Of Liberty.
- Come To Me In Cherry-time.
- Deliver Us From Evil.