Harlan Simantel Poems
- Ku Klux Klan you burn crosses don't you? so appropriate
- March Madness! March Madness! Basketball heaven! 65 ...
- State Fair state fair! skinny teens chubby adults ...
- Animal Freedom nice to be an animal free from worry and ...
- Dog Spelled Backwards the dog is a social beast sniffing ...
- Nba Humor? we need to see more nba humor too many serious ...
- Gods you are all gods Jesus said wisdom from His jewish ...
I'm an artist with a comprehensive web site (www.harart.com) that shows my paintings, drawings, and cartoons. It also includes a free, easy 16-lesson acrylic painting course.
I was first exposed to poetry in high school, attracted to Emily Dickinson's intelligence, spiritual independence, and creative passion. I admire other poets too, especially those whose humor shows thru (e.g. Ogden Nash, Dorothy Parker) . I've written an article, A lesson from the life of Emily Dickinson: http: //www.harart.com/hartext/emily.html
I occasionally wrote humorous poems on birthday cards and special occasions over the years. Starting in 2005 I began writing poetry fairly often as... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ku Klux Klan
you burn crosses
because you burn
everything the Man
love for others
love for other races
one of His disciples
was simeon the canaanite -
a black man
cowards you are are
you hide behind your sheets
and do your dirt
in the dark of night
just like your clever friend
just how jesus described him
you all hate: 'niggers! '
you all murder: lynchings
50 against one
you took their lives from them,
stealing their ...