Thanks for your fresh Spirit
You supply each day
Thanks for guidance
Along the way.
Thanks for birds
And the music they sing,
Thanks for dogs
And the affection they bring.
Thanks for cats, big and small -
I'm amazed at how
You created them all.
Thanks for the sky,
Blue or cloudy,
Thanks for storms
When nature gets rowdy!
Thanks for sex
It feels so good,
Thanks for renewing
A good attitude.
Thanks for friends
In heaven and earth
They're priceless -
That's what they're worth.
Thanks for skill
You gladly endow,
Thanks for inspiring
And showing me how.
I'll keep this short,
And right to the point,
Thanks for keeping
My nose out of joint!
Harlan Simantel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks by Harlan Simantel )
- Seastorm, Saiom Shriver
- Corridors Of Mindless Sacrifice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beneath A Broad Smile, John Dadzie
- The prodigal brother, Mark Heathcote
- Happy birthday late Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- Dark Room, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Then you go inside yourself., RIC S. BASTASA
- There's No Escaping Family, A.J. Kent
- the mother sparrow, RIC S. BASTASA
- fed up of hiding the sadness and anger, xenalee haynes
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Time to Talk, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)