James S Newcomb Lang
James S Newcomb Lang Poems
- The Cheshire Cat You can tell a Cheshire Cat By the size of ...
- The (Remembrance) Poppy Our poppy serves as a reminder Of ...
- I'M Me Myself And I I’m me myself and I I think that’s plain...
- When Tony Blair Met George W The boy from Edinburgh Liked ...
- Weapons Of Mass Destruction Thank you Mr Blair For sending ...
- The Most Difficult Of All Emot...
- The First Time I Came Under Fi...
I am an ordinary man, but with an abundance of passion. I write because I have to. I have known euphoria and I have known pain. I have seen and heard things that I wish I hadn't. My mind is my own nemesis, as I cannot switch it off. I usually find sleep difficult! I have served and been in conflict. I still believe in true love. My pet hate, is people promoted beyond their ability (The Peter ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about James S Newcomb Lang
The Cheshire Cat
You can tell a Cheshire Cat
By the size of his grin
You cannot help but love him
Even though he wants to sin
For he has the kind of smile
That says, come on and play
And when he starts to purrr
He can take your breath away
When he nuzzles with his nose
Then licks you with his tongue
Even though you know you should
You cannot turn and run
Because his eyes they are hypnotic
They put you in a trance
Sometimes he makes you want to sleep
He can even make you dance
You never know what next he’ll do
Unpredictable is his ...