Jim Davidson Poems
- A Short Life I walked down the boardwalk With my livelihood ...
- The Sky Is Gone An indefinite clarity in the sky All ...
- I Saw A Beautiful Woman Age of Ages teaches our hearts That ...
- Pets Along The Road A long dirt road Furrowed and ...
- Book Stores And The Magic Ate ... 'It's a beautiful day ...
- Curbside Check In Behind my eyes tears A burning inside my ...
- The Dissolution Of Existence A moment of panic Unable to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jim Davidson
A Short Life
I walked down the boardwalk
With my livelihood in tow
Asking 'Why, yes oh why,
All of this it must be so? '
Well I was told long ago
By my daddy on his knee,
That 'It's all in the Bible
When God says 'thee' He must mean 'me''
So I walk down the boardwalk
Embracing life in a funky mood
Asking 'Sir, if you please,
Could you spare some junk or food?
And when I reach to the end
Of life's cruel and unusual show
I'll just ask, 'Why, Lord oh why,
Your blessings never flow? '