John F. McCullagh
John F. McCullagh Poems
- sacred Flame (A Tale Of The N...
- A Snowflake’s Revenge My brother died upon a tongue But ...
- A Cup Of Tea A cup of tea, some soda bread, Would you take ...
- A Year Ago Today, The 9/11 Poe... It was a year ago today Twin...
- (it Was) A Very Good Year. My minds image of my Ellen Is ...
- A Light Before Dying (Dark Hu... She had been through so ...
- A Man For All Seasons The sunlight is too bright for me- I ...
My influences are Browning, Service, Donne, Thomas Grey, E.A. Poe and Shakespeare. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John F. McCullagh
sacred Flame (A Tale Of The Neanderthals) L
The newcomers killed my woman,
Ransacked my cave and killed my child.
My brother and I had been out hunting,
The only reason we’re still alive.
We noticed first as we drew closer
The sacred fire had gone out.
We dropped our catch and sniffed the air-
When I smelled blood I grabbed my axe.
My spirit dropped, my heart was saddened
My woman and my child lay dead
The newcomers had speared the baby
A club caved in my woman’s head.
My brother took the child to bury
I built a rock cairn for my mate
I stroked her matted hair in ...