John Gardiner Calkins Brainard (1796-1828 / the United States)
John Gardiner Calkins Brainard (1795–1828) was an American lawyer, editor and poet.
John Brainard was born in New London, Connecticut in October 1796, son of Jeremiah G. Brainard, formerly a judge of the Connecticut Superior Court. He was a descendant of Lion Gardiner, an early English settler and soldier in the New World, founded the first English settlement in what became the state of... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Ā;ES ALIENUM
- A Mariner's Song
- A Rainy Day
- An Evening Cloud
- Extracts From New-Year's Verses For 1825
- Extracts From Verses Written For The New...
- For The Anniversary Of THe Hartford Coun...
- Introduction To A Ladies Album
- Isaiah, Chapter XXXV
- Jack Frost And The Caty-Did
- Leather Stocking
- Lines Suggested By A Late Occurrence.