Jorie Graham Poems
- Salmon I watched them once, at dusk, on television, run, in ...
- The Way Things Work is by admitting or opening away. This...
- Orpheus And Eurydice Up ahead, I know, he felt it stirring in...
- Mind The slow overture of rain, each drop breaking ...
- San Sepolcro In this blue light I can take you ...
- Prayer Over a dock railing, I watch the minnows, thousands, ...
- The Surface It has a hole in it. Not only where I ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jorie Graham
I watched them once, at dusk, on television, run,
in our motel room half-way through
Nebraska, quick, glittering, past beauty, past
the importance of beauty.,
not even hungry, not even endangered, driving deeper and deeper
into less. They leapt up falls, ladders,
and rock, tearing and leaping, a gold river,
and a blue river traveling
in opposite directions.
They would not stop, resolution of will
and helplessness, as the eye
when the image forms itself, upside-down, backward,
driving up into
the mind, and the world