Karen Touzalin Poems
- Self Discovery Where do I end where do we begin, I am not ...
- Joy I am elated, Spinning, Dancing, Frolicking
- Constant Love To wake each day, faced with perpetual ...
- Offspring Because I loved you, I gave you poetry, instead...
- A Slow Death We used words to fill the distance between ...
- The Yellow House On Tucker Ave... Saturday mornings brought ...
- A Fulfilment Poem You complete me, Like the milk for my ...
I began writing poetry at age fourteen, it was inspired by love of course, that has been the catalyst for all my poetry to this day. I was given a copy of Sonia Sanches 'Love Poems' at seventeen and my world was changed forever. I discovered Pablo Neruda, Maya Angelou, Nikki Giovanni and loved the imagery captured in their words.
The stages of love, the flirtation, intensity, passion, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Karen Touzalin
Where do I end
where do we begin,
I am not sure anymore.
It seems I can no longer exist as a single cell organism
Reproducing into solitude
I keep thinking that one day you will finish my sentences
and I will conjure your thoughts
long before they become
Imagine your people could be my people
blending two hearts into too many to count
captured in the photographs
of our family
Maybe one day I will accept
that the independence I gained through being with you
is greater than going it alone
just for the sake ...