Mary Spain Poems
- Growing Up The day I could no longer walk with ease Beneath ...
- A Deaf Musician As though a deaf musician, I am part Of some...
- How Thomas Felt I know how Thomas felt; although he ...
- Below Stairs At times it feels as though I'm trapped ...
- The Prisoner's Wife She sits there, fingering her ...
- I'M Sitting Here... I'm sitting here and you are sitting ...
- Poppy Field A sea of living crimson caught my eye Of ...
weekly up-dated on:
http: //www.lettersfromlondon19.blogspot.co.uk more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The day I could no longer walk with ease
Beneath the table, made it clear to me
That I was growing. Soon my parents' knees
Were way below my eye-line. I could see
Above the window-sill and out, far out,
Into a world where adults knew it all
And children yearned to grow and be about
Such fascinating business. To be tall
Held out a promise greater than mere size.
When I achieved full stature I would know
Those peaks of knowledge conquered by the wise -
All that remained for me to do was grow.
Yet wisdom gained shows wisdom still ahead;
Grown up, I find...