Naim Frashëri Poems
- The Words Of The Candle Here among you have I risen, And ...
- Qerbelaja We believe in the true God Who is the universe ...
- Oh Mountains Of Albania Oh mountains of Albania and you, oh ...
- The Flute Listen to the flute a-speaking, Tell the tale of ...
- Hope I have great hope In God That he will not ...
- "History Of Scanderbeg&Qu...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Naim Frashëri
The Words Of The Candle
Here among you have I risen,
And aflame am I now blazing,
Just a bit of light to give you,
That I change your night to daytime,
I'll combust and I will wither,
Be consumed and be extinguished,
Just to give you brightness, vision,
That you notice one another,
For you will I fade and tarnish,
Of me there will be no remnant,
I will burn, in tears lamenting,
My desire I cannot suffer.
Of the fire I am not fearful,
I will never be extinguished
If I burn of my desire,
Try to shine as best I'm able.
When you see that I have vanished,
Do not think ...